5 Body Language Tips To Be Engaging On A Video Date | CLiKD App

5 Body Language Tips To Be Engaging On A Video Date

  • 5 Body Language Tips To Be Engaging On A Video Date

    So, you’re on a video date and it’s… a little different to what you’re used to. Without being in the same space and not having any sort of physical contact, it can be slightly difficult to know if things are going well. Are they actually flirting or are you reading into things? Lucky for you, we’re here to help. After all, only 7% of communication is verbal. The other 93% is body language (55%) and tone of voice (38%). So, here are 5 body language tips to be engaging on a video date…

    Don't underestimate the importance of body language tips


    1. Eye contact

    eye contact is one of the key body language tips

    This is one of the most important body language tips. With video dates/calls in general, it’s easy to feel especially awkward about eye contact. Also, I can’t be the only one who gets distracted by seeing my own face in video calls and stressing about how I look to everyone else. Anyway, forget all that. Just relax and enjoy your date, don’t overthink about what you look like from certain angles. I’m sure you look great. Now, time for you to enjoy looking at your date!


    1. Avoid sitting with your arms crossed

    Crossing your arms is a no no on the body language tips

    If you’re using a laptop or resting your phone on a surface, it can be easy to find yourself leaning and then crossing your arms. This body language tip will stop you from appearing closed off and unapproachable. It also can be conveyed as you not paying attention and dates are all about getting to know each other. You wouldn’t want that impression out there, would you?


    1. Mirror their poses

    Mirroring their poses is a natural body language tip

    The best way to make someone feel comfortable is to mirror their poses. The nice thing about having chemistry with someone, even on a video date, is that you won’t even have to actively do this body language tip. You’ll just automatically be doing it. Mirroring poses makes the other person feel understood. Side note, if your date is comfortable, they’ll open up to you more as well.

    1. Smile

    One of the most important body language tips, smile

    This is one of those common-sense body language tips, but it’s worth mentioning. Just like mirroring body language, smiling should be happening naturally, if you’re having a good time. Definitely do not feel you have to force a smile. That would be trying too hard and ingenuine. More than anything, do try and smile at the beginning of the date to help build trust and create a relaxed space for you both.


    1. Prepare to be seen

    The biggest body language tip, prepare to be seen

    Last, but by no means least. Confidence is key! It’s a video date, of course the last of out body language tips is about being seen. So, have great posture, make sure you’re in frame, try not to fidget a lot and don’t text or talk to people in the background. Remember, you’re always on view, so dress in a way that makes you feel most confident and sexy!

    These body language tips are all about making communication stronger

    So, there you have it! 5 body language tips to be engaging on a video date. Aside from all these, if you feel you have to force yourself to look like you’re enjoying your video date, then the spark is probably not there. Most of these tips should occur naturally, but you can use them to see if your date is into you. You’re welcome! 😉

Join a growing community of Success Stories

Forces PenPals

The top military support, singles dating and social networking website for the US & UK Armed Forces and their supporters.