Blah, blah, blah, it’s the FAQ’s…
We get asked the same questions again and again, yawn, so we thought we’d write it all down for you. That way, you don’t have to wait for our answers since we can get quite busy, being creative and all.
I can see you're live in the UK... when are you launching in my country?
Yes that’s right, we’re live in the UK now and are planning on landing in more countries as soon as we can. Want us in your local store? Register below and we’ll get the app your way, as soon as we can. While you’re at it, why not tell your mates about us too, because the more people who register, the sooner we’ll land in your country.
Can I upload my own photos?
You can upload photos to your profile from your phone, Facebook or Instagram accounts. We are also planning on letting you upload photos to create your own questions. For now, if you want to do that, you can submit them through the website and we’ll do it for you.
Guide to Profile Photos:
CLiKD Seeks to provide our users with the best possible experience and one of the ways we do this is regulation of profile photos. Please bear in mind the following factors (and trust us, they will give you a better experience too):
- Your primary photo should be a clear solo photo of you including your face. If it’s not we may delete or swap it.
- To get the most from CLiKD you should have at least 4 clear photos of yourself. Profiles with a single photo may be deleted.
- Images of brand logos, cars, cartoons, celebrities, memes etc. have a negative impact on profile perceptions and are likely to be deleted.
- Photos of pets, landscapes, artwork or expressions of creativity only add value if they are accompanied by clear profile photos of you, as such we limit them to 1-2 from a selection of 4-6 clear profile photos.
- Pics which cut off your face, are blurry, low resolution, out of focus, pixelated or have poor lighting are very poorly received and highly likely to be deleted. Torso only mirror selfies will be immediately deleted!
- Photos where you face is obscured by Halloween masks, diving masks, ski goggles etc. should NOT be your primary photo and should be accompanied by 4-6 clear profile photos.
- Images of swim, sports and beachwear are acceptable within the appropriate settings, gratuitous under wear shots are very likely to be deleted.
- Novelty filters, lenses, stickers and overlays are generally not well received and should be kept to a minimum. They should definitely NOT be your primary photo.
- Duplicate or near identical photos will have one version deleted. Where there is one original version and one with a filter or lens, we will delete the one with the filter or lens.
- Photos where the primary subject is under 18 at the time the photo was taken will be deleted.
So, what's this test all about then?
Core to CLiKD is a test, designed by you and taken by others. You decide what matters to you. You then choose your own set of three questions to reflect that. You set the answers you’d like someone to pick, so that when someone passes your test, they’re more likely to be someone you’re going to get on with. Additionally, if you pass theirs too, there’s a great chance you’ll be able to say you both just… CLiKD (see what we did there?) when you do meet up.
How do I "pass" someone's test?
You need to get at least 2 out of 3 questions right to pass someone’s test. They also need to pass your test before you both clik and chat. That way, when you’ve CLiKD with someone, you can be confident you share some common ground.
Are there any more questions to chose from and how can I add some, if I want to?
We’re adding questions all the time and we’ll let you know when we make any major changes, so you can check them out. If you want to add some of your own questions, that’s great because we built this app for you and we can’t wait to see what you come up with. For now, you have to submit questions to us through the ‘Upload Questions‘ page on our website. We’ll then add them ourselves, and let you know when we’ve done it, so you can add them to your test. Other users on the app will be able to use your questions too and if it becomes really popular, we’ll send a little treat your way.
What's a Nudge?
When you’ve passed someone’s test, we let you nudge them which tells them that you’ve passed their test. Then, they can check out your profile and, if they like the look of you, take your test too. If you get a nudge from someone else, then you know that they’ve passed your test and are waiting for you to take theirs.
What about User Safety?
For now, CLiKD verifies its users through Facebook by making sure users are over 18, have had active accounts for at least a year and have more than 50 friends. We will be expanding on this in the coming months, as we’re aware that user security is a concern. As well as security management, we believe the personality based questions help avoid fraudsters. After all, you might be able to fake a profile, but it’s pretty hard to fake genuine qualities and passions.
How can I block or report someone?
You can block or report anyone through the three dots in the top right of their profile pictures. Click on the dots and take whatever action you feel is necessary… and we’ll take whatever action we deem appropriate against that user.
Will I need to have a Facebook account?
Yes. We want to get rid of as many liars and fakers as possible. To help us do that, we require all our users to log in through a Facebook account that has been active for over a year and has over 50 friends. This helps us to identify fake accounts and imposters. But don’t worry, we will never post anything to your Facebook account. We will never inform anyone you have joined and we will never publicly link your Facebook to your CLiKD profile. In fact, we don’t even share your full name. Your privacy is our number one concern and we’d never do anything to break that trust.
Didn’t find the answer you’re after?
Feel free to contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org